Kona Thumper Surfboard
This thumb tail high performance surfboard holds up in all conditions from beach break to point breaks. Slight volume added under the chest so the board will paddle easily. The performance rocker with a single concave that runs throughout the tail adds drive to your surfing.
Outline:The widepoint is pushed back to maximize speed and improve swing weight for turning. Additional volume is built under the chest in the dome of the board without sacrificing rail sensitivity. Extra surface area in the tucked in thumb tail delivers more speed in the slow sections.
Rocker:The high rocker offers more lift for later takeoffs in steep waves. A little tail kick helps with late drops and control.
Bottom Contours:A single to a slight double concave keeps the board fast while a vee through the tail helps turn the board nicely.
Tail:The rounded tucked in thumb tail provides hold on hollow and steep waves.
- The Dark Horse has a thumb tail and pushed back wide point to maximize speed and still allow for sharper turns. With additional volume under the chest for smooth paddling.
- The high rocker creates lift with extra kick in the tail for control. The bottom features a single concave to a slight double and a vee out the tail for speed down the line.
- We use a PU blank, Epoxy resin, and a sanded finish with cutting edge materials and laminating techniques to produce a strong, reliable surfboard.
- Package includes one Thumper board, three Kona Nylon Futures Fins, and one Leash that features a double-padded ankle strap and a durable, stainless steel double swivel.
- Born in New Jersey, Kona Surf Company strives to be a brand that caters to new techniques and technology building quality shapes using only the best materials in the world.
- Fin Setup
- Tri Futures