Kona The 5-5 Short Softboard
The 5-5 is, you guessed it, 5ft 5in! This mini softboard has plenty of volume so it's easy to paddle and it will catch a ton of waves, making this board an excellent starter board for kids or adults. The outline borrows a few characteristics from the Fish. With the widepoint pushed back and the swallow tail you'll get more performance from this board than your typical softboard. The removable fin system lets you ride without fins like a bodyboard, a thruster or a twin fin set-up. The 5-5 is built to last with an epoxy shell surrounding 2 layers of EPO plus XPE and 2 stringers inside an EPS core. This package also includes a leash to keep you connected to your board so it doesn't get lost in the water should a gnarly wave plow into you. Give yourself, a friend, or a family member the comfort of a new board that will last you for years and make the summer season memorable.
- [Summary]: Perfect starter board for kids and adults of all skill levels that can be ridden as a bodyboard without fins or a surfboard with fins. This board is lightweight, sturdy, and fun!
- [Design]: We custom designed the outline and rocker to maximize performance and float so you can enjoy the waves in a variety of conditions. Measures 5' 5" x 20 1/2" x 2 1/2" with 45L Volume.
- [Construction]: Built with an EPS core with 2 wooden stringers for added durability. The deck is covered with a soft IXPE foam and the bottom is slick HDPE with a scratch resistant checker pattern.
- [Purchase Includes]: Package includes one malibu softboard, 1 high quality leash and 3 fcs style fins with rubber safety edges. Available in a variety of colors.
- [Who We Are]: Born in New Jersey, Kona Surf Company strives to be a brand that caters to new techniques and technology building quality shapes using only the best materials in the world.
- Rider Level
- All Skill Levels
- IXPE Deck and Inside is 2 layers of EPO and XPE
- Heated Lamination HDPE Slick
- 2 wooden stringers
|5ft 5in||45L||Varies by Rider|