Kona Root Beer Barrel Surfboard
The perfect Groveler for the regular guy who wants to get out there and have a barrel of fun. This sleeper has some speed built in under the deck while maintaining a decent amount of stability. This is a great board for all conditions.
Outline:The hybrid outline is related to the fish with a true rounded pin nose that pulls down to a kicked out tucked-in squash tail. The widepoint is pushed a little bit forward for stable performance while the squash tail anchors the board to the wave. 60/40 rails add a bit of looseness. This short board is going to give you an easy boost without having to step up to a performance level board.
Rocker:The nose rocker is low and wide for stability. The front kicks up nicely to reduce pearling.
Bottom Contours:The light single concave to a double to vee contour flows out deep channels in the kick tail for more speed than your average Groveler.
Tail:The tucked-in performance squash tail provides great hold. The tail is kicked up to make room for the deep channel running under it for extra speed.
- The hybrid's widepoint is pushed forward for stability and it's squash tail anchors the board to waves. It gives an easy boost so you don't have to switch to a performance level board,
- In the bottom contours, the light single concave moves to to a double and finishes with a vee contour flowing out deep channels. This gives more speed than your average Groveler.
- We use a PU blank, Epoxy resin, and a sanded finish with cutting edge materials and laminating techniques to produce a strong, reliable surfboard.
- Package includes one Root Beer Barrel board, five Kona Nylon Fins, and one Leash that features a double-padded ankle strap and a durable, stainless steel double swivel.
- Born in New Jersey, Kona Surf Company strives to be a brand that caters to new techniques and technology building quality shapes using only the best materials in the world.
- Fin Setup
- 5 Futures