Kona Retro Fish Surfboard
The Retro Fish has classic Fish style with updated features. The modern rocker, rounded pin nose and slimmer outline adds speed down the line. Volume is built up under the chest keeping the rails sensitive. The wide swallow tail with a quad set up instead of a twin allows for more control than the traditional fish tail.
Outline:The rounded pin nose and wide point pushed farther back than a traditional fish is fast down the line. The deck domes under the chest for more volume and stability without sacrificing performance. The rails are nice and sensitive. The additional speed created by the outline is balanced nicely with a wide swallow tail which will give the rider more bite on the wave.
Rocker:The lower rocker has plenty of flip in the nose to prevent pearling but enough flat section to get into waves and keep you moving down the line.
Bottom Contours:A single concave to a double concave keeps the board fast while a vee through the tail helps turn the board nicely.
Tail:By lessening the vee in the tail compared to a traditional fish. the swallow tail is not as loose. Maintaining speed throughout the board. the swallow tail gives you more control on transitions.
- The Retro's rounded pin nose and wide point pushed farther back than a traditional fish is fast down the line. The deck under the chest gives stability without sacrificing performance.
- In the bottom contours, a single concave to a double concave keeps the board fast while a vee through the tail helps turn the board nicely.
- We use a PU blank with cutting edge materials and laminating techniques to produce a strong, reliable surfboard.
- Package includes one Retro Fish board, four Kona Nylon Fins, and one Leash that features a double-padded ankle strap and a durable, stainless steel double swivel.
- Born in New Jersey, Kona Surf Company strives to be a brand that caters to new techniques and technology building quality shapes using only the best materials in the world.
- Fin Setup
- Quad Futures