Kona Hyper Mike Surfboard
Mike Sciarra's signature board, the Hyper Mike is a hybrid longboard - a traditional shape with modern tweaks to maximize performance. Hyper Mike is engineered for a variety of conditions. This log is for tackling mush to barrels.
Outline:Increased rockers maneuver this streamlined longboard down the line while plenty of flat space maintains speed. The 2+1 fin set up anchors the board to the wave while the square tail keeps the board loose.
Rocker:Accelerated curves in the nose and tail provide room for plenty of flat surface.
Bottom Contours:A single concave to a double concave maintains speed planing the board while a vee through the tail allows for better turning and transitions.
Tail:The tail begins to taper about 2/3 of the way down the board for better turning and transitions. The square tail balances the speed and the holds on a pivot point to allow for controlled rail to rail transitions.
- Increased rockers maneuver this longboard. Accelerated curves in the nose and tail provide room for plenty of flat surface.
- In the bottom contours, a single concave to a double concave maintains speed planing the board while a vee through the tail allows for better turning and transitions.
- We use an PU blank, and a gloss finish with cutting edge materials and laminating techniques to produce a strong, reliable surfboard.
- Package includes one Hyper Mike board, three Kona Nylon Fins, and one Leash that features a double-padded ankle strap and a durable, stainless steel double swivel.
- Born in New Jersey, Kona Surf Company strives to be a brand that caters to new techniques and technology building quality shapes using only the best materials in the world.
- Fin Setup
- 2 Futures + 1 10in