Kona Hip Hippo Surfboard
The Hippo is solid and sturdy - constructed for maximum flotation and extra durability for bigger dudes. The rounded hybrid nose and additional width in the front make this a very stable board. The waterflow and tail design help with transitions and maintaining a down the line speed.
Outline:The rounded nose has some extra width that improves stability and increases the area of the sweet spot so you can shift your weight around. The outline keeps that width throughout the board but the volume is built into the deck to keep the rails sensitive. The diamond tail softens turns without sacrificing speed.
Rocker:A good. solid mid rocker on the nose prevents nose diving. A nice kick on the tail helps with transitions.
Bottom Contours:A single concave to a double concave keeps the board fast while a vee through the tail helps turn the board nicely.
Tail:The diamond tail gives the rider controlled turns while maintaining speed.
- The rounded nose has some extra width that improves stability and increases the area of the sweet spot so you can shift your weight around. A solid mid-rocker on the nose prevents diving.
- In the bottom contours, a single concave moves to a double concave to keeps the board fast, while a vee through the tail helps turn the board nicely.
- We use a EPS blank, Epoxy resin, and a gloss finish with cutting edge materials and laminating techniques to produce a strong, reliable surfboard.
- Package includes one Hip Hippo board, three Kona Nylon Fins, and one Leash that features a double-padded ankle strap and a durable, stainless steel double swivel.
- Born in New Jersey, Kona Surf Company strives to be a brand that caters to new techniques and technology building quality shapes using only the best materials in the world.
- Fin Setup
- 2 Futures + 1 10in Futures